Behavior Technician (paid training & tuition assistance)
Company: ABS Kids
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Overview: Are you looking for a part-time entry-level position
where you can make a positive impact? Do you want to work with kids
and potentially have a long-term career in a growing field? Join us
in the East Central San Diego area!
If so, then we want to talk to you about our part- time Behavior
"I love when a parent tells me that the work we do has changed
their child's life and the lives of the whole family. Nothing is
more rewarding than changing lives for the better! " - Emily M.,
ABS Kids Employee
Responsibilities: What would you do?
As a Behavior Technician/ Registered Behavior Technician, you will
work one on one with children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD),
providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy, whether it be
from a patient's home, school, or in one of our centers designed
specifically for children with autism.
Why work for ABS Kids?
Great part-time opportunities and long-term rewarding careers
available, whichever you are seeking!:
- Provide the best care for kids-that's what we do! You can be
part of this and make a real difference.
- Gain skills that are useful in any field
- Paid training to become a Behavior Technician
- Paid training to become a Registered Behavior Technician
- Get paid while you earn your Master's with 100% tuition
covered, and free supervision hours to become a BCBA
Compensation and Benefits:
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour - based on qualifications
- Paid drive time & mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off earned for every hour worked!
- Premium pay for evenings, and weekends
- 1.5 times hourly rate for each hour of direct care worked on a
company observed holiday
- 401(k) plus 4% company match, full immediate vesting, funded
every pay period
- Cell phone stipend
- Referral bonus program
- Free continuing education opportunities through Relias
- Free CPR training
- Employee discounts and Employee Assistance Program including
free legal and financial advice, free counseling support, mental
health resources and much more
- All the tools you need to do your job such as free
reinforcement toys and an ABS Kids bag to carry them in between
Connection and Support:
- Virtual & in-person events with your local colleagues that may
include game nights, awards ceremonies, town hall events, team
pizza meetings and more!
- ABS Kids Virtual Office connects you to hundreds of colleagues,
professionally and personally, near and far
Who you are:
- Energetic and want to work with kids
- May have prior experience working with children or are looking
for your first job working with them
- Have a high school diploma or bachelor's degree
- Have your own car, a valid driver's license and car
- Looking for a part-time position (10- 20 hours/week)
Who We Are:
- ABS Kids is dedicated to empowering children with autism
spectrum disorders and their families to reach their full potential
- helping them learn, grow and reach incredible milestones.
- We take pride in our stellar support for providers, so they can
do what they do best - deliver the highest quality ABA Therapy to
- At ABS Kids we are empowered by the breadth of our differences.
Our mission is to create a culture where all people thrive because
their diverse stories are heard and celebrated. We commit to an
evolving understanding of diversity as we learn from one
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. Qualifications: Apply today if you have
experience in the following positions or fields or want to work
with kids for the first time :
After-School Counselor, autism spectrum disorder, Babysitting,
Behavior Analyst, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Behavioral
Health, Behavioral Health Technician, Behavior Specialist, Camp
Counselor, Caregiver, Child Development, Childcare, Children,
Coach, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Developmental Condition,
Developmental Disabilities, Direct Support Professionals,
Education, Habilitation Technician, Healthcare, Intervention, Kids,
Mental Health Specialist, Medical student, Modification,
Neurobehavioral Lab Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant,
Paraprofessional, Preschool Teacher, Psychology, Respite Care,
Social Learning, Social Services, Social Skills, Sociology, Special
Education Teacher, Speech Language Pathology Assistant Teacher
Assistant, Teacher's aide, Therapy, Tutor, Working with Children,
Youth Program Coordinator.
Likewise, if you have an educational background in any of the
following fields, we encourage you to apply:
Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Science, Child Development,
Counseling, Early Childhood Education, Education, Human
Development, Liberal Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry,
Speech and Hearing Services, Social Work, Rehabilitation,
Sociology, or related field.
Keywords: ABS Kids, La Mesa , Behavior Technician (paid training & tuition assistance), Professions , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!