Buildings and Grounds Keeper
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description Transdev Chula Vista is Hiring Immediately for
Buildings & Grounds keeper Transdev is the largest private sector
operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America,
providing bus, rail, para-transit, shuttle, sedan and taxi
services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities,
transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable
mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public
transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global
warming. Working under the guidance of the Facilities Manager,
Performs routine facilities maintenance duties such as painting,
plumbing, landscaping, and other related assignments What we
- Pay- $17.93p/h
- Medical/Dental/Vision health benefits - Kaiser Permanente and
- 401(K) retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Life Insurance paid by employer Ride the MTS Bus Routes &
Trolley for free, for Employee, spouse and dependent (Youths ages
- Ability to advance your career
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Performs non-routine repairs to equipment
- Uses tools and operates equipment needed to perform job
functions; equipment includes power tools, forklifts, scissors
lift, and floor scrubbers
- Assists with cleaning trucks, equipment, and grounds
- Assists with moving furniture and equipment Other duties as
required. Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- A California valid drivers' license in good standing
- Preferred 1 to 2 years of progressively responsible experience
in building and grounds maintenance Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to understand and interpret instructional manuals
containing schematic drawings
- Ability to read a ruler and blueprint schematics
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools and repair
- Basic understanding of construction methods and mechanical
- Ability to learn and comply with governmental regulations
- Travel requirement (as a percent): Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background
- Must have a passing/clear driving record
- Must not have any moving violations in the past 12 months
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Regularly required to work at various heights.
- Regularly required to lift up to 75 pounds. Pre-Employment
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a
criminal background check About Transdev: Based near Chicago,
Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes
of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar,
paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being
the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through
quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company,
Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of
mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every
day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.
If you have any questions, please contact us at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: Drug free workplace If based in the United
States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without
restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug
screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdev, La Mesa , Buildings and Grounds Keeper, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!