Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview:Transit Mechanics needed at Chula Vista,CA.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for our
Chula Vista location. We are looking for qualified and experienced
fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment,
with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev at Chula Vista and become a part of the largest
private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that
cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all certificationsResponsibilities:
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as requiredQualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
equipment for Mechanic C level: less than 2 years
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including
background and a drug test
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 619-###-####
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
- Apply online: www.transdevna.com
- Accepting Walk Ins Accepted
Address: 3610 Main Street, Chula Vista Ca 91911
On the spot interviews and offers!
- If you have any questions call or text (619) 213-2982
- TEXT "Transdevcareers" to 97211
- If you have any questions, please contact us at (619)###-####
or text (619)###-####
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: transdevna, La Mesa , Mechanic C, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!