Monitor II, Community Corrections
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 21, 2022
**HIRING IMMEDIATELY*Join Our Team. Get a Sign-On Bonus. New
employees hired into full-time, eligible positions between April 1,
2022, and December 31, 2022, will receive an award up to $500.At
CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a
Monitor II, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing
the highest quality care in a residential setting. Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services and
residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,
CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and
over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our
employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!The Monitor II, Community
Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility
population including but not limited to safety, security and
facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and
control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the
facility, staff, visitors and residents. In addition, this person
will assist with mentoring, developing and training team members.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary
instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the
completion and quality of work performed by residents, where
- Provide guidance to monitoring staff on shift. Monitor daily
activities to ensure head counts are conducted and logged at
predetermined times and when necessary. Conduct and/or ensure all
accountability calls are completed within required time-frame (i.e.
home detention, social, work and weekend pass).
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and
disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and
CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and
securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Distribute food plates during late meal service.Qualifications:
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- One year of work experience, to include six months experience
in a security related field is required.
- Experience in correctional management is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- California Adult Corrections Officer Core Course certification
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and
apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE-Including
Keywords: CoreCivic, La Mesa , Monitor II, Community Corrections, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!