Treatment Counselor, Community Corrections
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 16, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage residents, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Treatment Counselors in our
Community Corrections residential treatment program. We are seeking
individuals who have a passion for making lasting changes in the
lives of people, as we set the standards of care in the industry.
This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more
rewarding. The Treatment Counselor implements one on one and group
substance abuse counseling services to residents assigned to the
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and
gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment
instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines
individual and group needs based on results of screening and
assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
- Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in
accordance with CoreCivic partner agencies, and prevailing state
regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized
offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or
- Facilitates participant engagement in the treatment process,
promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to
encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses
appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or
- Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each
participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents,
assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan
reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals,
according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing
laws and regulation(s).
- Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors residents
progress and reviews status of residents to verify that treatment
and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Prepares evaluation/transition plans five (5) days prior to
resident's release from program.More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe. With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with
company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Registrationwith an accredited Certification board is
- Mustpossess or obtain an Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counselor
Certification by anaccredited certifying organization within one
(1) year of hire date.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid driver's license is required. CoreCivic is a Drug-Free
Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.
Keywords: CoreCivic, La Mesa , Treatment Counselor, Community Corrections, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!