Warehouse Worker- Sysco
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company: US0036 Sysco San Diego, Inc.Zip Code:92064Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of
Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: JOB
SUMMARYUnder general supervision, this position is responsible for
assisting with training and coordination of all-night warehouse
- Maintain dock and warehouse in a safe and sanitary
- Assist in the training and development of Night warehouse
- Identify areas of opportunity with associates and develop
action plans to train and coach for better performance.
- Develop a good understanding of Preferred Work Methods and
coach and train associates on Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
- Aid with monitoring workflow and meeting deadlines.
- Support feedback functions before invoicing (catch weights, out
of stocks, etc.)
- Help with conducting group start-up meetings.
- Review mis-picks and other miscues with associates
- Support with identifying and removing operational
- Seek and provide feedback from/to production and supervisory
staff regarding slotting issues, equipment issues, procedures,
- Participate in warehouse safety and sanitation
- Sustain other warehouse functions when requested or
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged products.
- Preserve an acceptable level of production and accuracy.
- Maintains a "no tolerance" attitude for errors.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of the warehouse
(including the freezer, cooler, dry, yard and to assist with
- Handle the product properly to prevent damage.
- Properly maintain equipment.
- Safely operates industrial equipment and brings to supervisor's
attention to any unsafe conditions.
- Retain a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, department,
company, and safety).
- Works until the job is completed while maintaining acceptable
- Responsible for the upkeep, sanitation, and safety of assigned
aisles and overall warehouse.
- Follows Preferred Work Methods and observe all safety rules and
regulations to prevent accidents or injuries.
- Maintains a safe work area at all times.
- Utilize fall protection equipment when appropriate.
- Perform other functions in the warehouse as assigned by
- Other duties may be assignedQUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.Professional
- Ability to perform the duties of a selector, loader, and or
forklift operator and understand basic warehouse operations.
- Must be able to operate and be Sysco certified on all warehouse
equipment, and able to maintain current CPMH and accuracy
- Able to work accurately at a rapid pace.Language Skills
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of employees of
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk and
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.The above information on
this description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by associates within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s Benefits,
please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: coordinator, dock c, fulfillment,
logistics intern, logistics operation, pallet, picker, servicer,
Keywords: SYSCO, La Mesa , Warehouse Worker- Sysco, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!