Company: General Atomics
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 17, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Buyer to work within our
Purchasing team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures as well
as applicable government regulations.
- Responsible for supporting procurement and the machining and
fabrication departments in processing purchase orders for outside
services and processes that are necessary to support a contract,
subcontract or an internal organization.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to
delivery and supplier performance.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility
of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Validates purchase requisitions, selects or recommends
suppliers, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates
responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery,
and maintains necessary records.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance.
- With review, coordinates competitive and sole source
procurements to meet required purchase and outside service
processing dates and prepares required support documentation.
- Maintains an awareness of available or potential suppliers and
reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost, quality,
reliability, and ability to meet schedule and price
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers bids.
- Performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external
customers and suppliers.
- May interact with program management and customer
representatives.We recognize and appreciate the value and
contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires an associate s degree in business
administration or related discipline. Equivalent professional
purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to
provide solutions to a range of routine purchasing problems in a
fast-paced environment; (2) good communication and presentation
skills to accurately document and report findings; (3) good
interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees,
managers, and customers; (4) the ability to organize, schedule and
coordinate multiple work phases and prioritize the processing of
purchase orders, (5) strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
Keywords: General Atomics, La Mesa , Buyer, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!