RF Systems Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an RF Systems Engineer to join
our RF Communications Datalink group. With limited direction, this
position is responsible for technical and project leadership with
initial focus on leading and coordinating system-level design for
the customer datalink. Major areas include the overall datalink
technical leadership, subcontractor technical management, and
coordinating with the aircraft IPT team for the datalink design,
integration, and flight test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a team member in Datalink Engineering and participate
in development of state-of-the-art Beyond Line Of Sight (BLOS)
SATCOM datalink and Line-Of-Sight (LOS) datalink for GA-ASI
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for company-wide RF
and satellite communications projects.
- Function in a technical leadership role for external
- Perform sub-contractor technical management to ensure technical
requirements are satisfied.
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate, and resolve
assigned engineering problems.
- Perform RF communications systems integration/testing with
aircraft and ground control stations (GCS).
- Support System Integration Lab (SIL) integration, aircraft
level ground and flight test of satellite terminals and various
aircraft components (such as modems, Vortex, IFF, TCAS,
- Work with other engineering disciplines on test plan,
procedure, and report. Work with other GA-ASI organizations to
assist or lead datalink flight tests.
- Work within a group of RF Datalink Engineers to support GA-ASI
datalink roadmap and multiple datalink projects. Coordinate
segments of a project and may have frequent inter-organization
and/or customer contact on difficult technical issues.
- Coordinate and interface with customers on requirements and
flow down the requirements to the corresponding engineering
- Work with the aircraft component vendors, analyze and compare
available capabilities vs. customer's requirements, document
findings, and communicate results to engineering staff.
- Make technical presentations to the customer and senior
management as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more
years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in
lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new
concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment;
organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work
independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks
in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the
organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of
moderately experienced professional employees on single component
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License and original work published
in professional engineering journals are desirable.
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Prior experience in at least one of the following areas is
- Satellite communications systems, RF communication systems,
military datalinks, military RF networks
- Military modems, antennas, radios, VHF/UHF communication
- Prior experience with writing technical requirements,
specifications, Statement-of-Work (SOW) is a plus.
- Demonstrated datalink trouble shooting skills is a plus.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, La Mesa , RF Systems Engineer, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!