Business Manager for Dental Office
Company: Gentle Dental
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: July 18, 2021
At Gentle Dental, our Business Managers are
committed to and passionate about their office. They ensure that
their office runs smoothly from open to close. In partnership with
a Director of Operations and an Area Clinical Director, the purpose
of the Business Manager is to ensure that our dental practices
provide exceptional service to our patients, create a positive team
based culture for our employees, and support the overall
performance of the office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain an office environment that ensures optimal patient
care and customer service.
Directly supervise the office team including; selection and
training of non-clinical team members, monitor hours and approve
timesheets, ensure team members comply with licensing and training
- Evaluate and review office production and procedures to develop
new ways to improve efficiency with office operations, patient
retention and profitability.
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures,
including but not limited to, bookkeeping, invoice processing, cash
control, preparation of payrolls and other administrative
- Organize the day to day operations of the office; schedule an
appropriate number of team members to ensure all providers are
supported, conduct team huddles daily, collaborate with providers
by proactively monitoring the flow of the office and making
adjustments as necessary
- Collect payments from patients on any amount that may be owed,
including current treatment being performed as well as past due
balances; handle payments in accordance with the Company’s Cash
- Review production reports and communicate results with the team
to make sure the office’s budget is met or exceeded every
- May act as a backup to the front office team; schedule and
confirm appointments, answer the telephone, assist with patient
questions, enter and present treatment plans, submit accurate
insurance claims, collect patient balances
- Address patient complaints in a timely and compassionate
manner, including escalated patients
- Act as a subject matter expert on the insurance plans accepted
by the Company, including their limitations and exclusions
- Recruitment, retention and termination of staff, work with HR
to assess, investigate and resolve employee issues.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of software systems to compile,
store and retrieve data for managerial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state dental laws, ensure a
safe work environment by complying with all local, state and
federal health and safety regulations and laws, and ensure
compliance with office and company policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to support the
- Previous Dental or healthcare management experience
preferred but not required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer literate a must (QSI experience is a plus).
- Life insurance
- 401K plan
- CE credits
- Career opportunities to advance with the company.
Gentle Dental Grossmont
5565 Grossmont Center Dr.
La Mesa, CA 91942
Gentle Dental has the resources you need to achieve true
personal and career success.
Keywords: Gentle Dental, La Mesa , Business Manager for Dental Office, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!