SBA Special Assets Officer
Company: Umpqua Bank
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 8, 2021
In this role, you will manage a portfolio of problem commercial
borrowing relationships to maximize recovery to the bank through
effective implementation of workout and liquidation strategies to
mitigate loss. Manages and implements asset disposition plans
through effective marketing of loan collateral.
- Implement or assist in the development of timely workout action
plans and effective follow up plans.
- Evaluate and document bank collateral position, complete
business survivability assessments, and recommend alternative work
out solutions as needed.
- Manage the collection activities on assigned accounts including
broken payment follow up with borrowers, fee waiver and presenting
recommendation for resolutions to more senior workout
- Direct legal actions, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and judgment
processes, and repossession or replevin actions for the team's
portfolio. Conduct and manage negotiations and meetings with
attorneys and borrowers.
- Responsible for asset disposition relative to more complex
transactions including: A&D, bulk lots, land development
properties, and note sales. May require strategic planning,
marketing, and management of bulk land and/or lots in various
stages of entitlement.
- Prepare complex analyses related to discounted cash flow and
stabilization projections and sell recommendations for approval by
senior or executive management.
- Analyze problem loans and make recommendations or approve
actions to foreclose, repossess, or liquidate collateral when
- Facilitate meetings with borrowers, guarantors, business
bankers, and attorneys to negotiate workout plans that will return
loans to performing/pass status.
- Handle collections and charge-off accounts, assist lending
officers on non-special asset accounts and prepare management
reports as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance, related field and/or
equivalent experience required
- Less than 2 years of experience in special assets, commercial
lending, loan workout, foreclosure, loss mitigation, OREO or real
estate sales management and/or recovery/liquidation required
- Intermediate commercial credit skills, with the ability to
assess business financial statements and restructure commercial
- Basic knowledge of financial analysis, bankruptcy, workout,
UCC, litigation, foreclosure of personal and real property and
disposition of collateral.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or
has the interest in learning to train and present.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, organizational,
negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work at a high level of productivity and
- Ability to work in a team oriented, goal driven
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Very occasional travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail
stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40
hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with
the status quo. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue
every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We
focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs
and connecting to people in new and innovative ways - always
staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for
all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, La Mesa , SBA Special Assets Officer, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!