SBA Loan Closing Specialist
Company: Umpqua Bank
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 8, 2021
In this role, you will process and fund approved SBA 7(a), USDA,
504 and other government guaranteed loans as assigned by the SBA
Closing Director. You will work with borrowers, production staff
and third parties, and collect and review documentation, perform
searches, perfect collateral, and ensure proper documentation of
loans as specified and approved by the Bank and gov't guarantee
- Identify and collect documentation in support of and as
specified the loan approval.
- Responsible obtaining SBA/USDA approval for all loans.
- Direct title and escrow officers to perfect collateral and
close loans as instructed.
- Perform searches on individuals, entities, and collateral.
- Plan tasks and workflow to meet closing deadlines and works on
more complex loan files where independent judgment and analysis is
- Responsible for ordering and execution of complete and accurate
loan. documentation, including adherence to naming convention and
electronic storage thereof.
- Coordinate closings between borrowers, BDOs/Assistants and
escrow needs and availability.
- Facilitate loan funding and follow for post-closing
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to
your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures
regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank
Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years of SBA closing experience and knowledge of SBA loan
program requirements or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SBA, SOP, and USDA requirements and
regulations. Ability and knowledge to work on the most complex loan
- Advanced knowledge of SBA policy and procedures.
- Experience working with SBA production staff and
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent regional travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail
stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40
hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with
the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no
finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center
of everything we do. We focus on building relationships,
understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new
and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of
providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however
they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, La Mesa , SBA Loan Closing Specialist, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!