Patient Service Representative - Float Pool
Company: Scripps Health
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and
respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference
in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're
open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
As a Patient Service Representative - Float Pool, you will
support various specialties and departments at our Scripps Clinic
Rancho San Diego, located in the La Mesa area. The ideal candidate
will thrive in a high patient volume environment and enjoy working
and learning in a variety of areas with heavy call volumes,
greetings, and checking in and checking out our patients. This is
an opportunity where you will float to different departments at
this location as needed but will primarily work in a call center
setting. You will experience the pride and support of being a
member of an outstanding team where we share a culture of providing
excellent care to our patients and each other. The Patient Service
Representative is responsible for the following:
- Interacting with patients and providers to gather information
for accurate registration. Assigning of Medical Record Number,
appointment scheduling, point of service payment collection,
document collection and check-out functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Effectively managing the check-out process, which includes
identification verification; confirming demographic and insurance
information; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and
witnessed at the time of the patient visit and accurately preparing
end of day reporting or payment reconciliation.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines,
entering appropriate insurance, performing Key User duties with
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to
the patient, taking ownership of solutions and being able to
identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve
This is a Casual (per diem, non-benefitted), Day Shift position
with a varied schedule between the hours of 7AM - 7PM that may
include some Saturday mornings, located at our Scripps Clinic
Rancho San Diego in the La Mesa area.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer
applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with
ability to identify and solve problems.
- 1 or more years of experience in a customer service or
healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
- Previous experience with EPIC
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government
health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements,
understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes
Keywords: Scripps Health, La Mesa , Patient Service Representative - Float Pool, Other , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!