Principal Software Engineer (REMOTE)
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: May 13, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.As a Build Services
Engineer with Commscope, you are at the front lines of the DevOps
world working on diverse issues and solutions to improve the
software life cycle through industry standard tools like Gerrit,
Jenkins and Jira while deploying servers and solutions using
Ansible, and monitoring server health and performance through
customized solutions. You'll be supporting the infrastructure of a
global engineering team.How You'll Help us Connect The World You'll
ensure systems are working at their peak performance while
minimizing downtime and assisting development teams with build
related issues. You'll be developing tools for supervising servers,
applications and build tools on hundreds of servers and automating
wherever possible. As issues are encountered with upgrades, version
dependencies, or access, you will be tasked with overcoming those
issues on a priority basis. When a server is down or a build is not
working, you'll be the first person the development team
- Maintains and provides support for build servers across many
platforms and operating systems including Windows, Linux, Ubuntu,
Fedora, CentOS, IoS, Solaris, Red Hat.
- Develops tools for supervising various aspects of server health
using Python, Bash, VB.net, HTML.
- Implements Ansible playbooks for the installation, setup, and
continuing maintenance of servers and tools
- Maintains and provides support for Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL,
Buildforge, ClearCase, GitRequired Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of experience in a software
engineering or computer science position.
- Would consider a recent graduate with co-op or intern
- Must be able to write, design, and trouble shoot python, and C
type languages.You Will Excite Us If You Have
- Should be familiar with the linux operation systems and ability
to setup new servers and trouble shoot issues on servers.
- Knowledge of the following tools is a plus: Jenkins, Gerrit,
- Knowledge of the following language is a plus: Python, Perl,
php, Groovy, bash, vb.net.
- Knowledge of the following operation system is plus: Ubuntu,
Fedora, Centos, Red Hat, Windows Server, Windows Desktop
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Uses extensive reference materials for implementing solutions.
- - - -Why CommScope:CommScope is on a quest to deliver
connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. -Our
employees push the boundaries of communications technology that
enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things,
and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. -With our unmatched
expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global
clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs
of tomorrow. -
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and
caring people who strive to create what's next---..come connect to
your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people
with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation
for the application or interview process, please contact us to
submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can
also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO
policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo - -; -; -6445464454
Keywords: CommScope, La Mesa , Principal Software Engineer (REMOTE), IT / Software / Systems , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!