Human Resource Leave of Absence & Workers Comp Coordinator
Company: Alvarado Parkway Institute
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job DetailsJob LocationLa Mesa - Main Campus - La Mesa,
CAPosition TypeFull TimeEducation LevelNot SpecifiedSalary
Range$22.00 - $26.00Travel PercentageNoneJob ShiftDayJob
CategoryHuman ResourcesAre you interested in working in a fast
paced, challenging behavioral healthcare organization?Are you
interested in a position that is rewarding and makes a difference
in the lives of others?Alvarado Parkway Institute (API) has a need
for your talent and compassion. API wants to hear from you!Alvarado
Parkway Institute is currently seeking a qualified and experienced
individual to join our Human Resources Team as our Leave of Absence
and Workers Compensation Coordinator at our La Mesa office. This is
an hourly, non-exempt position and therefore is eligible for
overtime, as per State and Federal law.The Leave of Absence and
Workers Compensation Coordinator will manage the lifecycle of
Leaves of Absences, to include but not limited to; track and
maintain documentation. This position is responsible for
coordinating leaves of absence such as FMLA, CFRA, PDL, Workers'
Compensation, COVID-19, Military Leaves, etc., for all Alvarado
Parkway employees. This includes getting appropriate medical
certifications, sending appropriate correspondence, and
communicating with employees within the framework of FMLA, CFRA,
Workers Comp, and all other applicable regulations.Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
- Responsible for auditing, reconciliation, record maintenance,
and other reporting functions, ensuring programs are in compliance
with government regulations and API Policy and Procedures.
- Manages employee benefit deductions as part of the LOA
- Communicate with employees and supervisors on appropriate leave
types and determine leave qualification and eligibility accordingly
and provide leave of absence consultation, answer questions
regarding entitlements and provide information regarding available
- Tracking benefits deductions in HRIS and making appropriate
adjustments for those on LOA.
- Builds relationships with department heads, managers, and
supervisors, and develops a cadence of communication with regards
to leave updates and changes.
- Monitor leave duration to ensure receipt of relevant
- Issues timely and accurate responses and escalate when
appropriate for requests extending beyond entitlement.
- Coordinate, and conduct the Interactive process and Reasonable
- Manges APIs Return-to-Work Program by working in conjunction
with Employees, Physicians, Department Leaders.
- Responsible for having a clear understanding of APIs health
insurance plan, FMLA, PDL, CFRA, VDI, ADA, LTD, and other
- Register all injured and/or ill employees for authorization for
treatment at Occupational Health Clinic.
- Maintains a calendar system to track and follow-up on work
statuses, Occupational Health Clinic appointments, Physical Therapy
appointments, and any other important file dates.
- Develop and maintain a line of communication with local
Occupational Health Clinic, as well as WC Claims
- Follows up with employees who have missed any Occupational
Health Clinic Appointments.
- Maintain health & safety compliance records (OSHA-300,
- Provides training to API Managers/Supervisors on WC
- Reviews and processes all EDD (unemployment), and SDI (short
term disability) forms, maintains a copy for HR filing and returns
forms to the requesting party, in a timely manner.
- Reviews and processes all request for COVID-19 related
emergency sick pay under The Families First Coronavirus Response
- Communicates with employee and Payroll on emergency sick pay
usage and balances.
- Monitors COVID-19 tracker and conducts contact tracing when
appropriate. Communicates with employees and manager/supervisor on
expected return to work dates.
- Completes and sends outs AB-685 notice when appropriate.
- Notifies County of San Diego of COVID-19 positive case, as
appropriate and as set-forth in Local and State guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.Required
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable experience in managing
leave cases (FMLA, STD, ADA, CFRA, etc.)
- Minimum of two (2) years of verifiable experience in managing
workers compensation (WC) claims and Return to Work (RTW)
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management and priority
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, including ExcelPreferred
- Three (3) years of verifiable experience in managing leave
cases (FMLA, STD, ADA, CFRA, etc.)
- Three (3) years of verifiable experience in managing workers
compensation (WC) claims and Return to Work (RTW)
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Human Resource Professional Certification from an accredited
College or UniversityAbout APIAlvarado Parkway Institute (API) is
San Diego's leading provider of comprehensive mental health and
substance abuse care. As a part of our Behavioral Healthcare
system, API operates a free-standing 66 bed psychiatric hospital in
La Mesa, California with four Intensive Outpatient/Partial
Hospitalization Programs. These programs emphasize symptom
management, community integration, and prevention of
hospitalization or re-hospitalization.Joining Alvarado Parkway
Institute means not only a rewarding career with a supportive and
collaborative team, but you will also enjoy a competitive
compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, and a
comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits,
employee recognition program, 401k plan, generous paid vacation,
employee wellness activities, tuition reimbursement, and community
involvement initiatives.RewardsAlvarado Parkway Institute
Behavioral Health System (API) offers a comprehensive benefits
package for our full-time and part-time employees.
- PDO (Paid Days Off)
- Sick time
- Medical (Employee and dependent contributions)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Accident Insurance, Hospital plan & Critical Illness Plan
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Legal Assistance PlanAPI is committed to improving mental
health and quality of life by helping people maximize their
potential. If you value working each day to serve the needs of the
Behavioral Healthcare community, making an impact in the lives of
so many who need treatment and support, consider joining our team
of compassionate healthcare professionals. Work where you can make
a positive impact and lasting difference in people's lives!EEO
StatementAPI provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Alvarado Parkway Institute, La Mesa , Human Resource Leave of Absence & Workers Comp Coordinator, Human Resources , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!