Company: David's Bridal Inc
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: January 21, 2023
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in
their category - 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed
market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically
capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one
of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they
are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever
going away? At David's Bridal, we empower our customers and our
employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether
that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style-or the
career that's a perfect fit.
We're looking for leaders with diverse backgrounds and fresh ideas
to help create a uniquely personal retail experience.
Now Accepting Applications for Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor supports the Store Manager in aspects of
the store. They will assist in the achievement of sale goals,
Five-Star Customer S ervice and profitability goals through program
execution and foundational excellence. The Operations Supervisor is
a dynamic, attentive and inspiring leader who has mastered
operational excellence; a mentor and coach to the Customer Service
Representative's team, who sets expectations for Five-Star Customer
Service. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for adhering to
all standard operating procedures to ensure flawless execution of
core processes and programs including accurate receiving, inventory
tracking and welcome desk procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads and models a customer first culture across all roles,
executes customer service strategies to deliver a Five -Star C
ustomer Service experience.
- Drives efforts to build customer relationships and maximize
- Responsible for flawless execution of all welcome desk
- Manages by using the LAST model concept to resolve customer
service issues independently.
- Partners with Store Manager, Sales Manager or Contact Center,
- Responds promptly to all customer questions providing product
and service information.
- Ensures support and receiving functions are contributing to a
Five-Star Customer Service experience for our customers.
- Speaks to every customer before they leave to validate their
experience, resolving any issues in the moment.
- Motivates the store teams, direct reports and project
- Manages to each individual feel his/her work is important.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers.
- Maintains store-standards to support a flawless shopping
- Responsible for flawless execution of all marketing, promotions
- Maintains a professional appearance that adheres to the company
Dress Code policy and coaches all team members on the policy.
- Leads and develops the Customer Service Representatives ( CSRs)
to achieve Total Monthly Income (TMI) Goals consistently by
executing foundational excellence and performance-based
- Executes sales plans consistently in partnership with Store
Manager, drives sales through KPIs, to achieve a balanced Ranked
- Acts as a sales leader, coaches and is a role model to the
Stylists through floor management.
- Contributes to total store team sales goals on a weekly
- Uses critical thinking to identify root cause of a metric,
process or behavior and finds solution to correct, working with
Store Manager, as needed.
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom,
experience and judgment. Sought out by others for advice and
- Identifies and prioritizes critical business issues and aligns
- Discerns what is critical and puts less important issues aside.
- Monitors inventory management, special orders, layaway, mark
out of stock, repairs, and ensuring first quality standards for all
- Executes, monitors and assesses the five stages of training for
- Champions and executes new processes, behaviors and programs as
- Executes and holds team members accountable for a beautiful
store, which ensures flawless execution of all merchandising
strategies to maximize sales.
- R equires all store team members to consistently maintain
pristine housekeeping standards on the selling floor and back
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision, sense of purpose
- Inspires and motivates the team to get on board with Standard
- Adapts style to support and influence team members.
- Monitors timely completion of tasks in Task Management
- Reviews inventory received to ensure that only first-quality
merchandise is made available.
- Oversees receipt and preparation of product for sales
- Ensures prompt and accurate special order receiving, customer
notification for pick-up within 7 days and manages non-picked up
orders over 30 days.
- Maintains layaway organization and payment compliance.
- Conducts monthly special order verification.
- Completes store MOS in adherence to policy/procedure.
- Partners with Store Manager to prepare for bi-annual physical
- Follows all loss prevention, security processes and policies at
- Responsible to ensure that store payroll does not exceed
monthly budget, accurately monitoring and acknowledging timesheets
for all roles that clock in and out for all scheduled shifts,
breaks and meals.
- Manages authorized contests in partnership with leadership team
to motivate store team.
- Addresses fixture replacement and store repairs.
- Executes effective scheduling practices to maximize sales and
- Completes all action plans on a quarterly basis with Store
- Focuses on development and learning, completes all training as
assigned for on-going development.
- Knowledgeable of internal business end-to-end processes and
priorities and executes them to compete in the marketplace to
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute strategies to build,
develop and retain a high performing team and reducing
- Ensures CSRs are fully trained using CSR/Receiving training
module, myAppointments and register functions.
- Partners with Store Manager in developing employees to reach
their full potential through coaching and training.
- Trains CSRs to accurately prepare and process all incoming and
outgoing shipments in accordance with David's Bridal
- Solicits feedback from CSRs that enhances the business and
creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Creates a culture of inspiration by recognizing strong
performance and celebrating achievements of team members.
- Provides all associates with good working conditions.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or
- Capitalizes on feedback from coaching/SBI conversations from
the Store Manager.
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time;
reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers .
The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must
be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use
peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at,
read, and use a computer and all other electronic devices for long
periods of time .
Education & Credentials:
- High school diploma or degree required.
- One-year prior retail experience, preferably in a supervisory
role, in an apparel or specialty store environment.
- Prior experience with computerized POS system.
Our most successful Operation Supervisors are self-motivated and
organized individuals. They have upbeat, outgoing personalities and
excellent communication skills. They're capable of serving our
internal and external customers in a sincere, thoughtful, and
If you would like to be part of a dynamic team; can lead by example
and inspire a sales-oriented team in a positive professional
environment, we would love to discuss your future at David's
Full Time Opportunity - A comprehensive benefits package is
- Professional Environment
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Competitive Hourly Rate + Bonus Opportunity
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David's Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is
representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a
culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual
duties and responsibilities will vary.
Keywords: David's Bridal Inc, La Mesa , Retail Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!