Clinical Supplies Coordinator
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Inovio is an innovative biotechnology company focused on the
discovery, development, and commercialization of its synthetic DNA
technology targeted against cancers and infectious diseases.
Inovio\'s proprietary technology has been demonstrated to
consistently activate robust and fully functional T cell and
antibody responses against targeted cancers and pathogens. With an
expanding portfolio of immune therapies, the company is advancing a
growing preclinical and clinical stage product pipeline. Partners
and collaborators include AstraZeneca, Regeneron, Roche/Genentech,
ApolloBio Corporation, GeneOne Life Science, The Bill & Melinda
Gates Foundation, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations
(CEPI), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, National
Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious
Diseases, National Cancer Institute, HIV Vaccines Trial Network,
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Medical CBRN Defense
Consortium (MCDC), The Wistar Institute, and the University of
Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Clinical Supplies Coordinator is responsible for coordinating
and monitoring all shipments and returns of supplies in support of
clinical trials. Frequent communication/collaboration with
cross-functional groups from multiple internal departments in
support of Clinical Trial planning and process improvements are
essential components of this position. Document review, procedure
updates, metrics reporting and change submittals are also required
in support of a standard practice of continuous improvement within
this role. Special projects are a necessary aspect of the Clinical
Supplies Coordinator position.
Essential job functions and duties
* Liaise between Clinical, and Manufacturing/Production departments
in support of clinical trial shipment activities.
* Review parameters, customer demand and operational procedures to
ensure delivery of shipments.
* Participate and/or establish meetings as required.
* Coordinate and monitor shipments, returns, and in-transit
materials in support of clinical and R&D trial requests
* Communicate with external customers regarding shipments, returns,
* Create and coordinate shipment orders upon customer request.
* Create and coordinate return shipment orders upon customer
* Monitor shipments to ensure delivery and undue delay.
* Work jointly with Clinical Sites, Shipment Requestors, Freight
Providers, and Brokers to ensure timely processing of all domestic
and international shipments and returns.
* Investigate and resolve any shipping discrepancies that may occur
during the distribution process.
* Assist with packaging and shipping activities as needed.
* Coordination of materials and goods.
* Maintain inventory management system.
* Review and monitor inventory levels in relation to usage and
* Generate and prepare metrics or reports for meetings and
* Document writing and supporting projects
* Create/revise SOPs, work instructions, protocols and reports as
well as other documents as required.
* Address audit findings and institute related actions
* Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering in
distribution-related process development/changes.
* Independently coordinate process improvements related to
manufacturing and distribution
* Generate or assist in change orders, NCMRs and other documents as
* Other duties as required
* Bachelor s degree required or an equivalent combination of
education, training and/or experience from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained
* Minimum 2 years of industry experience in supply chain management
and quality system background
* Familiarity with ERP systems
* Familiarity with CFR Title 21 Part 820 and ISO 13485:2003
* Ability to write document such as SOPs, Work Instructions,
Protocols and Reports, and etcetera
* Ability to work independently and coordinate within a team
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Excellent organization skills
* Proficient with standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel,
* Physically able to work in an environment involved with packaging
and shipping clinical devices and supplies in addition to typical
* Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will
recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most
qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed,
gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner
status, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, physical
or mental disability, medical condition including genetic
characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration
made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an
attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Inovio, La Mesa , Clinical Supplies Coordinator, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!