Therapist, Mental Health - Outpatient
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical Model.
Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct individual and family therapy sessions, and other case
management tasks, as assigned. -Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Carries a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
patients.Monday- Friday, 11 am to 7 pm------ -For a virtual tour of
the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements and state clinical license to
conduct therapeutic interventions required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.---All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. -For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at -discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ -PandoLogic.
Keywords: Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location: La Mesa,
CA - 91942
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, La Mesa , Therapist, Mental Health - Outpatient, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!