Location: La Mesa
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Title: Medical SchedulerLocation: San Diego, CA
92120Duration: 6 Months +Job Description:
- Under direct supervision, utilizes clinical appointment system;
processes clinic provider's schedules and monthly appointment
calendars to maintain plan member accesses to clinicians; reviews,
updates, and generates clinic appointment to improve clinic
utilization, both on routine and urgent basis; assists with data
entry of patient encounters; distributes computer printouts and
- Essential Responsibilities: Operates computer and accurately
enters clinical information.
- Enters and maintains provider master appointment schedules for
clinical departments as assigned; revises related support documents
as necessary; generates appointments for providers in accordance
with standard procedures as established by clinic nursing
department. Receives, reviews verifies, and completes clinical
provider's monthly calendars, daily schedules and requests for
schedule modification; responds to both routine and urgent requests
in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion.
- Assists clinical staff with scheduling of providers; provides
one-to-one instruction to providers with proper scheduling
techniques, document utilization and application of
- Performs detailed review of all outgoing appointment schedules;
distributes to designated clinical departments in timely and
- Assists appointments/receptionists with data entry of patient
encounter information as required.
- Advises Supervisor or designate of daily productivity,
appointment system operational issues that are likely to affect
clinic utilization and member access.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines,
printers, and photocopies.
- Participates in service excellence training and demonstrates
service excellence attributes.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Clerical functions together with actual hands-on experience in
operation of regional appointment system experience.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving
- Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities
and the ability to understand customer needs.
- Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support
staff and other personnel to coordinate radiology schedules, which
requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate referral forms in conjunction with the
Keywords: Analysts, La Mesa , Medical Scheduler, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!