Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Under direct supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist,
provides in-person and telephone reception, receives and directs
new and refill prescriptions for further processing, produces
computerized or typed prescription labels, packages and sells
filled prescriptions and pharmaceutical merchandise and assists
pharmacy personnel with clerical functions.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Provides in-person and telephone reception to patients in
accordance with established service and telephone access standards.
- Receives new prescriptions and/or refills ensuring the correct
entry/documentation of information required to process the order.
- Identifies prescriptions needing refill authorization and
refers to providers.
- Verifies that prescription indicates drug name, strength,
direction for use, quantity to be dispensed, any special
instructions, and refill information. Recognizes potential for
generic or therapeutic substitution.
- Alerts pharmacists when information is lacking and prescription
requires further action and/or when information is noted in allergy
and comment field in PIMS.
- Enters required prescription and/or patient information into
pharmacy computer (Pharmacy Information Management System-PIMS)
and/or types prescription label.
- Processes prescription refill authorization requests and enters
responses from providers into PIMS.
- Places filled prescription(s) in appropriate container for
immediate or future sale.
- Organizes and maintains packaged prescriptions for efficient
- Prepares prescriptions for delivery by mail or UPS when
- Sells prescriptions verifying correct patient through the
matching of a call slip against a claim check, checking health plan
card or other patient identification.
- Sells other pharmaceutical merchandise to members.
- Records all transactions and receipt of cash, checks, or credit
card charges in cash register.
- Provides correct change and appropriate receipts to patients.
- Maintains the security and integrity of the cash register
- Counts cash drawer change fund.
- Is responsible for preparation and proper disposition of
- Follows Regional, Area and location cash handling policies and
- Prepares and reconciles daily cash register summary documents
and prepares daily combined bank deposit for pharmacy.
- Forwards appropriate cash summary and documentation to cash
control as required.
- Completes appropriate documentation and secures the bank
deposit and exchange fund for pick-up by armored car delivery
- May be required to perform duties of the Inventory Control
Assistant, which include the ordering and receiving of
pharmaceutical merchandise from established sources, affixing price
labels, and restocking shelves both within the pharmacy and medical
- Makes recommendations to management regarding systems or
operational improvements to enhance services provided by the
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean
condition; maintains a safe, secure and efficient work environment.
- Exemplifies pharmacy's mission and the organization's vision by
contributing to the health satisfaction of members by providing
appropriate medications, information, and professional services in
a helping, caring, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Typing speed of 30 wpm or 6000 KPH.
- Excellent customer service and telephone reception
- Excellent written and verbal English-speaking communication
skills (Foreign language ability may be required at specific
- Ability to read, understand and transcribe pharmaceutical
- Demonstrated mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply,
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Clerical Skills: Typing 30 wpm or 6,000 kph
- Requires standing for long periods of time, and communicate
with co-workers and patients.
- Ability to lift/transport 1-50lbs.
- Light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking and
frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work at multiple locations
PrimaryLocation : California,La Mesa,La Mesa Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 24
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B04-L135-UFCW-Local 135
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Pharmacy
Department : La Mesa MOB - O/P Pharmacy 1st Floor-A/Main - 0808
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, La Mesa , Pharmacy Assistant, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!