Pharmacy Technician/ Sharp Grossmont Hospital/ Variable Shift/ Per Diem
Company: Sharp Healthcare
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 21, 2022
[H.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Other; California Pharmacy
Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board of Pharmacy; Certified
Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification
BoardHoursShift Start Time:Shift End Time:Additional Shift
Information:Weekend Requirements:On-Call Required:No
What You Will Do
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, provides technical
knowledge, skill and expertise required for the provision of
comprehensive pharmaceutical care that supports the mission, values
and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. Position
requirement must include the ability to perform a majority of
defined tasks below.
- Other Education pursuant to licensure requirement.
- California Pharmacy Technician License (TCH) - CA State Board
of Pharmacy -REQUIRED
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year experience in hospital pharmacy environment.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board -PREFERRED
- Prepares all IV admixtures in strict accordance with
Runs fill lists (IV labels) and organizes workload to accomplish
all admixture tasks in time to meet established batch delivery
- Performs primary check of labeling to ascertain completeness of
label according to established procedures.
- Communicates special or urgent inventory needs to buyer, or
follows-through with ordering or procuring if required.
- Cleans and documents cleaning of horizontal laminar flow hood,
Biological Safety Cabinet contiguous admixture areas, and shelving
- Performs all tubing and IV solution changes, equipment setup,
testing and calibrations according to department procedures 100% of
- Delivers medications to and accurately places medications in
- Exchanges medication cassettes within designated time frame,
appropriately transfers bulk medications/ removes discontinued
medications from non-exchange medication cassettes.
- Routinely checks nursing station refrigerators for discontinued
- Responds to special delivery requests to meet criteria
established for STAT, ASAP and NOW medication orders.Sharp
HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected
veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual
with disability or any other protected class
Keywords: Sharp Healthcare, La Mesa , Pharmacy Technician/ Sharp Grossmont Hospital/ Variable Shift/ Per Diem, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!