Mental Health Counselor
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Associate Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical
Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment. All documentation is required to be done
at the time of service.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. --- Maintain a case load of
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions assigned
weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions
aligned with the patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 4 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department regarding
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu
staff to always ensure the highest level of clinical quality.
- Completes other tasks, as requested, or assignedThis a
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic
- Operates under supervision and is not licensed
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. ,
Location: La Mesa, CA - 91944 , PL: 529558474
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, La Mesa , Mental Health Counselor, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!