Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, HHA, HCA, PCA - Full-Time
Company: Grossmont Gardens
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Perks and Benefits*:
- We are currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus for Full-Time
- Earn up to 1% wage increase every Quarter
- Work for us and earn $1000 for each person you refer and is
- Access to earned wages prior to payday
- Generous PTO Plan
- Career Development
- An employee engaged Scheduling system
- Employee Appreciation events; Attendance Programs, New employee
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits
- 401K Retirement PlanOh, and did we mention an amazing Team
- Some benefits may vary depending on position and employment
statusMinimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be State
Registered or Certified Nursing Aide/Assistant in the state for
which position is held.
- Previous experience working with the elderly in a residential
or long-term care setting is also preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate
effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to pass the necessary tests (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Food
Handlers, etc.) if required by state regulations.Essential
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and
- Assists residents to/from appointments with lifting, turning,
moving, positioning, and transporting residents into/out of beds,
chairs, bathtubs, wheelchair lifts etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures/plans as
instructed including but not limited to ambulation with/without
self-help devices, range of motion exercises, dining, and
- Assist in the care of the dying resident and provide
post-mortem care as instructed.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization,
and activity while providing personal care assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care
promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as
- Upholds Residents' Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental,
or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or
unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation such as incident reports,
change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested,
and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident mealtimes
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and
outings, and assists with those activities as needed
- Provides residents with opportunities for self-expression and
enhanced self-esteem through spontaneous individual or small group
interaction and activityHousekeeping
- Makes resident beds, empties resident garbage and tidies
resident rooms daily and as needed
- Cleans bedrails, over the bed tables, nightstand, etc. as
necessary to keep the resident's room tidy and clean.
- Changes resident bed linens according to Community schedule and
as needed soiled, stained, or dirty.
- Changes resident towels on daily and as needed if soiled
- Maintains resident clothing and clothing closet in a clean,
neat, and orderly manner
- Cleans dining room tables and chairs after meals and
- Notifies Housekeeper of spills and soiled areas; assists with
clean-up as needed. When no Housekeeper is on duty, cleans up
spills and soils immediately
- Assists with straightening chairs, pillows, and decorative
items in common areas as needed, and returns items to appropriate
location when found out of place
- Assists in cleaning wheelchairs, walkers, and other resident
equipment per Community cleaning schedule and as needed
- Makes frequent rounds on assigned residents to facilitate their
needs being met.
- Assists with admissions and performs the inventory and marking
of personal items.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions, monitoring
of bowel movements, and specimen collection (i.e., urine and stool,
etc.) as instructed.
- Monitors rooms for adequate lighting, safety hazards as
- Uses only the equipment trained on in a safe manner.
- Cleans, disinfects and returns resident care equipment to its
designated storage area after use.
- Follows established isolation procedures.Other
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training
sessions and any other form of learning to achieve required
continuing education to maintain registered/certified nursing aide
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an
atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the Community
- Answers phones as needed, in a prompt and courteous manner
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by
treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a
courteous, helpful, and friendly manner
- Assists with other duties as assignedWho are We?:
As a Sinceri Senior Living community and certified Great Place to
Work -, we are an established and dedicated senior living care
provider, where every team member takes great pride and
responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments - for our residents.
We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful,
and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our
resident's life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of
Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career,providing
holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like
to see what our community has to offer, apply online and join our
Certified by our employees as a Great Place to Work - for our 4th
Year in a row!
- 93% of our associates shared "My work has special meaning; this
is not just a job."
- 95% of our associates shared "People celebrate around
- 94% of our associates shared "I'm proud to tell others I work
- 91% of our associates shared "People care about each other
here"Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our
staff will be happy to assist you!
Keywords: Grossmont Gardens, La Mesa , Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, HHA, HCA, PCA - Full-Time, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!