Director Nursing (FT) - Grossmont Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: May 13, 2022
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 19772
Group Name: TGS
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in
our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and
communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in
health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for
patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a
national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate
more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million
patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing
care delivery in the facility. They will assume responsibility as a
department lead of the OR, Preop, and PACU. The Director of Nursing
is also responsible for overseeing the facilities quality
improvement, risk management, infection control, and education of
the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is
responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is
also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Provides leadership oversight to ensure patient needs are met
in accordance with instructions of physician and facility's
policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & leadership and develops
positive working relationships within departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients,
physicians, procedure schedulers, vendors and the public - in
person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Analyzes and correlates clinical data with patient's medical
and nursing care.
- Provides direction to others that is clear, concise and
promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Associates degree in nursing required, a bachelor's degree in
- Current RN licensure
- 2 years Nursing Management experience preferred.
- Successful completion of BLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current ACLS certification
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, La Mesa , Director Nursing (FT) - Grossmont Surgery Center, Healthcare , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!