Lead Engineer - HVAC
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: June 17, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:Sodexo is currently hiring Full Time Lead
Engineer - HVAC at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa CA. This
position is considered essential personnel that contributes to the
health and wellness of our patients and the community. Be a part of
the Sharp Experience - it's not one thing we do, it's everything we
In accordance with the California State Public Health Officer
order, Sodexo at Sharp HealthCare will require all Employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Accommodations are available if
needed.All appropriate training and PPE will be provided to keep
you and your family safe and healthy including uniforms.
The position is 1st Shiftmultiple positions avaliableFull TimeDays
will vary & weekends are as needed
We also offer:Employee Meal DiscountStarbucks On-SiteAttendance
Competitive Pay starting at $40.54 per hour
LocationSharp Grossmont Hospital5555 Grossmont CenterLa Mesa CA
Apply now for an interview and immediate consideration
#RSRSODPosition Summary:The HVAC Technician - Senior will provide
HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair
and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and
upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled
trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job
site. The general responsibilities of the position include those
listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations and ensures that routine
preventive maintenance is performed according to established
schedules and standards.
- Responds to hot and cold calls, then troubleshoot and resolve
- Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls,
switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers,
cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Serves as a lead HVAC Maintenance Mechanic by installing,
maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilating, and air
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of
local building and safety codes.
- Estimates time and material costs on HVAC projects.
- Requisitions HVAC supplies and equipment.
- Develops, under management supervision, capital project scope
and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation
- Verify and implement preventive maintenance standards on all
HVAC distribution equipment.
- Operate and maintain the building automation system.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers,
customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.License/Qualifications:
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work
to be done in the city and state in which the work will be
- Minimum requirement is EPA CFC Universal Certificate.Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.Sodexo
is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.Benefits
Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every
employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our
overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you
maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision
insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which
will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also
offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
Keywords: Sodexo, La Mesa , Lead Engineer - HVAC, Engineering , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!