Staff Survivabilty Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: January 11, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
GA 's Survivability group has an exciting position available for a
Survivability Engineer to provide design and analysis, tool
development, and systems development support to a variety of
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create integrated RF solutions for a range of conventional and
survivable platforms supported by results of numerical models and
- Develop tools to aid analysis and predictions of platform
performance, such as first-order modeling, material property
prediction or estimation, geometry fixing, and design
- Participate in the design and fabrication of measurement and
test articles ( -fixtures -, -pole models -) for validation of
- Provide technical support and leadership to ensure that work
products meet requirements through simulation, fabrication and
test. The successful candidate will prepare and present status and
progress reports, PDR and CDR presentations, and formal proposals
to senior level personnel and customers.
- Act as Principal Investigator and provide technical leadership
to IRAD and CRAD projects targeting development and implementation
of Survivability technologies.
- Ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are
maintained. Work in a safe manner in accordance with established
- Observe all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations
wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD
in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine
or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, seven or more
years of experience with a master's degree, or four or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in
lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application
of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the
ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate
workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some
experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
are required enabling an effective interface with other departments
and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization
as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and
guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of
innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team
- Electromagnetics phenomenology experience with emphasis in RF
technology is a must, with work related experience in integration
of low observable designs. Candidate should have experience in the
- Experience in design and modeling of vehicles and low
observable systems utilizing 2D and 3D RCS analysis codes such as
(but not limited to) RAM2D, XPATCH, and SENTRi. Experience with
Pioneer, Knowbell or other similar tools for analysis of measured
data is also desirable.
- Experience in creating geometry inputs using CAD and meshing
tools, such as NX, Rhino, and Cubit.
- Experience in developing tools using MATLAB, LabView, Python or
other programming languages.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Top Secret clearance is
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required (
- Master 's or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or
related technical field with at least 10 years of experience in
survivability / low observable engineering.
- Demonstrated experience integrating LO-compatible systems and
sub-systems into aircraft applications.
- Demonstrated experience modeling and analyzing RF responses for
a variety of integrated subsystems and processing test data on
component and full scale systems.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, La Mesa , Staff Survivabilty Engineer, Engineering , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!