Project Engineer USMC/USN
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer
within our Engineering group, supporting the USMC/USN Integrated
Product Team (IPT). This position supports systems engineering and
technical management of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) for the US
Navy and Marines customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate and interface with customers, contractors, and
engineering groups assigned to projects.
* Develop program plans, estimates, and schedules.
* Perform configuration audits to identify gaps in engineering
* Perform system analysis, generate requirements, and develop
* Develop engineering estimates for new scope projects
* Supports development of work instructions for modifications to
company owned systems
* Provide technical support for integration, verification, and
validation of new and existing systems
* Coordinate development and troubleshooting efforts between field
support personnel and engineering personnel
* Development and presentation of technical material for
* Supports operation of engineering systems and documents any
* May represent the organization as the prime technical contact on
small contracts or single component projects.
* Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a
team of moderately experienced professional staff.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
* Requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more
years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute
equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
* Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
specialties. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts
quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment;
organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
* Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work
independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks
in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced
professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
* Experience with systems test and qualification on aircraft
systems is a plus.
* Experience with SysML, MagicDraw, Cameo, JAMA is also a plus.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance.
Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, La Mesa , Project Engineer USMC/USN, Engineering , La Mesa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!